Rooms: 4,004 rooms, including 568 suites.
Floors: 61-story and 51-story towers.
Casino: 150,000 square feet of gaming.
More than 140 tables of table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Baccarat, Roulette, European Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card, Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold'em, Crazy 4 Poker, Free Bet Blackjack, Casino War, Blackjack Switch and Big 6. Casino also has nearly 2,000 slot/video poker machines.
Poker room: 23-table room; daily tournament buy-ins from $100.
Race & sports book: 100-seat facility with 90 HDTVs and 24 IPT Betting Stations.
Dining: 15+ restaurants.
Other nightlife: Eight bars and lounges.
Shopping: 10+ shops inside resort. Aria is also connected to CityCenter's Crystals, which houses more than 500,000 square feet of retail options.
Pool: Three primary pools and one European pool for adults.
Spa: 80,000-square-foot spa and salon with 62 individual spa treatment rooms and 55 salon stations.
Health club: Fitness room and studio within spa area.
Wedding chapel: Yes, The Wedding Chapel at Aria offers various services.
Convention center: 300,000 square feet of meeting and convention space with four ballrooms.
Business center: Yes, full-service business center.
Internet: Yes, high-speed internet access in all rooms.
Pets: Not allowed.
Wheelchair accessible rooms: Yes.
Check in: 3 p.m.
Check out: 11 p.m.
Parking: Self parking garage located off Las Vegas Boulevard; valet available at main entrance.
Room amenities (standard): Custom mattresses with triple-sheeted, 300 thread count linens, dressing area with dual closets and granite top dresser, plush robes, a 42” LCD HD television, workstation with high-speed Internet connections, stocked mini-bar and laptop size in-room safe; Bathroom amenities include 100% cotton bath linens, shower with bench adjacent to a soaking tub, granite dual sink vanity, and private water closet.
• Expansive floor-to-ceiling windows; corner-window views from every guestroom
• High-definition flat panel plasma TVs
• Twice-a-day housekeeping
• Soaking tub with separate shower; dual sinks
• Robes and slippers
• Stocked mini-bar
• Nightly turndown service
• Rooms recognize you and “greet” you as you enter; light fills the room, curtains part to show the view
• When entering room, TV turns on to display list of automated controls for guests to personalize
• Preferences remembered every time guest is in-room
• One-touch control of lighting, room temperature, television/video systems, music, and more
• Guests can wake up gradually through controlled temperature, lighting, curtain opening and music
• One button can modify all room settings at once
• "Good Night" turns off lights, TV and/or music, shuts curtains and turns on privacy notification
• Keyless locks utilizing RFID technology reduce the failure of rooms keys
• Guests can “green their stay” by indicating preferred light level and room temperature
• Wireless Internet up to eight times faster (128 kilobytes) than today’s average U.S. hotel
• In-room devices automatically “communicate” maintenance needs.